This post may contain affiliate sales links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my full disclaimer policy for details.
Peach season in the Texas hill country runs from May to August and there is nothing better than freshly picked peaches. This recipe for grilled pork and peach salad is a balanced pairing of sweet and savory. Ready in about 30 minutes it is the perfect summer salad.
Key Ingredients and Substitutions
This recipe includes fresh juicy peaches and succulent pork chops along with creamy goat cheese and crunchy walnuts.
The complete ingredient list and measurements are listed in the printable recipe below.
- Peaches: Pick peaches that are ripe but still firm so they can stand up to the grill but retain natural sweetness from their juices. The larger the peaches the better.
- Pork: We always have boneless pork chops in our freezer for quick easy dinners. You can substitute a flank steak, chicken, salmon, or a pork loin (note: the cooking time and instructions will need to be adjusted).
- Goat Cheese Crumbles: We love the slightly tart, earthy flavor and creaminess of goat cheese. Feta crumbles or gorgonzola can be great substitutes.
- Walnuts: Instead of croutons for crunch we opted for chopped walnuts, but you can use pecans or the more traditional croutons if you like.
- Peach Glaze: Peach preservatives are an easy substitute for the homemade peach glaze.
How to Make Grilled Pork and Peach Salad
Here are the quick step-by-step instructions with visuals; you can find the full instructions with the exact ingredients in the recipe card below.
Pro-tip: For grilling, select peaches that are firm but ripe. Don’t use peaches that are underripe or feel too soft.
1. Prepare the Peach Glaze: Combine peeled peaches, honey, and water into a small saucepan over low heat and allow the peaches to begin to break down (approximately 30 minutes) then blend to a preservative-like texture.
2. Grill the Pork Chops and Peaches: Pork chops and peaches can be grilled on either an indoor grill pan on the stove or outside on a gas or charcoal grill. Pre-heat your preferred grill to high heat. Season both sides of the pork chops with kosher salt and black pepper then place the pork chops on the grill and cook, basting with sauce several times. Cook until the pork reaches 145°F, then place the pork on a cutting board to rest. Grill the peaches cut side down until they have developed grill marks and are warmed through. Remove to a plate to rest once done.
3. Prepare the Salad: On a large plate or two small plates add the arugula and mixed greens. Slice the rested pork into thin slices and place on top of the salad. Add the peaches and top with goat cheese and walnuts. Drizzle with the remaining peach glaze or a balsamic vinaigrette. Serve immediately.
Recipe Tips and Notes
- Grilling peaches is easy. A few tips for getting them perfectly grilled.
- Make sure they are ripe but still firm; mushy peaches will fall apart as they are grilling.
- Use high heat to get a quick sear and to minimize the chance they will stick to the grill.
- Hands off. Let them grill for 2-3 minutes without touching or moving them to get defined grill marks.
Frequently Asked Questions
The leftover pork chops and peaches should last 2-3 days in the refrigerator.
Let’s Connect! If you make our Grilled Pork and Peach Salad or any other recipe on Casual Epicure, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave a comment below. It helps others who are considering making our recipes and we love hearing about your cooking experiences. And if you snapped some shots, share them on Instagram, and be sure to tag @casual.epicure so we can feature them in our stories.
Other Recipes to Try
If you enjoy this recipe, we recommend checking out some of these:
- Sesame Seed Crusted Tuna with Mango Salsa.
- Kale Caesar Salad with Salmon
- Grilled Marinated Flank Steak
Grilled Pork and Peach Salad
- Small Saucepan (1.5 Quarts)
- Gas Grill or Cast Iron Grill Pan
- ½ cup peaches, chopped into chunks
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ cup water
Pork Chops and Peaches
- ½ pound boneless pork chops
- ½ teaspoon crushed black pepper
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 peaches, halved or quartered with pit removed
- ½ cup goat cheese crumbles
- ¼ cup walnuts, slightly chopped
- 1 cup mixed salad greens
- 1 cups arugula
- Combine peeled peaches, honey, and water into a small saucepan over low heat and allow the peaches to begin to break down (approximately 30 minutes) then blend to a preservative-like texture.
Pork Chops and Peaches
- Pre-heat your preferred grill to high.
- Season both sides of the pork chops with kosher salt and black pepper and then place the pork chops on the grill and cook, basting with sauce several times. Cook until the pork reaches 145°F. Once done remove the pork to a cutting board to rest.
- Grill the peaches cut side down until warmed through and they have developed grill marks. Remove to a plate to rest once done.
- Add the arugula and mixed greens to a large plate or two small plates. Slice the rested pork into thin slices and place on top of the salad. Add the peaches and top with goat cheese and walnuts. Drizzle with the remaining peach glaze or a balsamic vinaigrette. Serve immediately.