This post may contain affiliate sales links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my full disclaimer policy for details.
We love a good creamy dressing but really hate all the unhealthy fat that comes from the typical mayonnaise or oil-based creamy dressings. This almost guilt-free avocado ranch dressing has all the creaminess you crave from traditional ranch dressing but with all the health benefits of avocado and Greek yogurt.
Key Ingredients and Substitutions
This delicious avocado ranch dressing is a great solution for overripe avocados and comes together in 5 minutes.
The full ingredient list and measurements are listed in the printable recipe below.
- Avocado is what makes this dressing nice and creamy.
- Greek Yogurt provides some additional creaminess and tanginess to the dressing. If you don’t have Greek yogurt on hand you can substitute sour cream.
- Fresh Dill, Parsley, and Chives are the 3 key herbs found in ranch dressing.
- Lemon Juice adds brightness and acid to the dressing. Lime juice can be used as a substitute for lemon juice.
Ways to Use Creamy Avocado Ranch Dressing
We love avocados and this dressing is the perfect solution for those avocados that are a little over-ripe.
- Salads: This dressing is great alternative to traditional ranch dressing on salads including pasta salad.
- Substitute for Sour Cream: It is the perfect drizzle on top of a burrito bowl, tostadas, nachos, or grilled steak, chicken, or fish.
- Substitute for Mayo: Leave off the mayo on your next sandwich or burger and substitute it with some creamy avocado ranch dressing.
- As a Dip: Skip the ranch and dip your veggies in some of this dressing instead.
How to Make Creamy Creamy Avocado Ranch Dressing
Here are the quick step-by-step instructions with visuals; you can find the full instructions with the exact ingredients in the recipe card below.
Pro-tip: This dressing only lasts about 3-5 days in the refrigerator so only make as much as you need.
1. Combine Ingredients: In a food processor or blender, combine avocado, yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic powder, onion powder, dill, chives, parsley, salt, and pepper then blend/pulse until smooth. Scrape down the sides a couple of times between pulses. Add 1-2 tablespoons of water or milk to thin out the dressing to get your desired consistency. Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerator until needed.
2. Enjoy: Besides your favorite salad, this dressing goes great on top of tacos, tostadas, as a dressing for sandwiches, or as a dip for veggies/chips.
Recipe Tips and Notes
- To thin out the dressing add a little water or milk. You might need to adjust the salt after adding the additional liquids.
- This dressing can also be made in a blender or immersion blender.
Frequently Asked Questions
Since it is made with fresh ingredients and no additives expect it to last 3 to 5 days in the refrigerator.
Let’s Connect! If you make our Creamy Avocado Ranch Dressing or any other recipe on Casual Epicure, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave a comment below. It helps others who are considering making our recipes and we love hearing about your cooking experiences. And if you snapped some shots, share them on Instagram, and be sure to tag @casual.epicure so we can feature them in our stories.
Other Recipes to Try
If you enjoy this dressing recipe, we recommend checking out some of these:
- Homemade Caesar Dressing with Anchovies
- Creamy Cilantro Avocado Dressing
- Tzatziki Sauce Made with Greek Yogurt
Creamy Avocado Ranch Dressing
- Food Processor
- 1 large avocado, skin and seed removed
- 4 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- kosher salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup milk, as needed
- In a food processor or blender, combine avocado, yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic powder, onion powder, dill, chives, parsley, salt, and pepper. Blend until well-combined.
- Continue blending and add milk a tablespoon at a time to reach desired consistency.
- Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerator until needed.