We love a good creamy dressing but really hate all the unhealthy fat that comes from the typical mayonnaise or oil-based creamy dressings. This guilt-free healthy cilantro avocado dressing has all the creaminess you crave and all the health benefits of avocado and Greek yogurt.
Key Ingredients and Substitutions
This delicious avocado cilantro lime dressing is a great solution for overripe avocados and comes together in 5 minutes. Grab a handful of cilantro, some lime, and some Greek Yogurt.
The full ingredient list and measurements are listed in the printable recipe below.
- Avocado is what makes this dressing nice and creamy.
- Greek Yogurt provides some additional creaminess and tanginess to the dressing. If you don’t have Greek yogurt on hand you can substitute sour cream.
- Cilantro provides a fresh herbaceousness to the dressing. You can use both the stems and leaves.
- Lime Juice adds brightness and acid to the dressing. Lemon juice can be used as a substitute for lime juice.
- Garlic Powder can be substituted with fresh garlic, two cloves of raw medium garlic are approximately equivalent to ¼ of a teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Olive Oil adds a little bit more richness to the dressing and helps it all bind together. Use high-quality olive oil to get the best flavor.
Ways to Use Creamy Cilantro Avocado Dressing
We love avocados so this dressing is just another way to add one of our favorite foods to a dish. Of course, this dressing is perfect as a salad dressing but there are so many other ways to use it.
- Tacos: This dressing is great as a sauce on shrimp tacos, chicken tacos, steak tacos, and pretty much any taco.
- Substitute for Sour Cream: It is the perfect drizzle on top of a burrito bowl, tostadas, nachos, or grilled steak, chicken, or fish.
- Substitute for Mayo: Leave off the mayo on your next sandwich or burger and substitute it with some cilantro avocado dressing.
- As a Dip: Skip the ranch and dip your veggies in some of this dressing instead.
How to Make Creamy Cilantro Avocado Dressing
Here are the quick step-by-step instructions with visuals; you can find the full instructions with the exact ingredients in the recipe card below.
Pro-tip: This dressing only lasts about 3-5 days in the refrigerator so only make as much as you need.
1. Combine Ingredients: Combine all the ingredients in either a food processor or blender and blend/pulse until smooth. Scrape down the sides a couple of times between pulses. Add 1-2 tablespoons of water or milk to thin out the dressing to get your desired consistency.
2. Enjoy: Besides your favorite salad, this dressing goes great on top of tacos, tostadas, as a dressing for sandwiches, or as a dip for veggies/chips.
Recipe Tips and Notes
- If you want to add a little heat, toss in some diced jalapenos.
- To thin out the dressing add a little water or milk. You might need to adjust the salt after adding the additional liquids.
- This dressing can also be made in a food processor or immersion blender.
Frequently Asked Questions
Since it is made with fresh ingredients and no additives expect it to last 3 to 5 days in the refrigerator.
Let’s Connect! If you make our Creamy Cilantro Avocado Dressing or any other recipe on Casual Epicure, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave a comment below. It helps others who are considering making our recipes and we love hearing about your cooking experiences. And if you snapped some shots, share them on Instagram, and be sure to tag @casual.epicure so we can feature them in our stories.
Other Recipes to Try
If you enjoy this recipe, we recommend checking out some of these:
Creamy Cilantro Avocado Dressing
- Food Processor
- 1 cup avocado, about 1 medium avocado
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt, or sour cream
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp garlic salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- water or milk, as needed for thinning
- Place all ingredients into a food processor or blender and blend/pulse until smooth. Stopping to scrape down the sides a couple of times.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of water or milk to thin out to the desired consistancy.
- Serve on your favorite salads or tacos or as a dip for fresh veggies/chips.
- Refrigerator in an airtight container for up 3-5 days.
- Add a fresh jalapeno for a little heat
- Greek yogurt can be replaced with sour cream
- Fresh garlic powder can be replaced with fresh garlic. ¼ teaspoon of garlic powder is equivalent to about two medium fresh cloves of garlic.