This post may contain affiliate sales links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my full disclaimer policy for details.
I am a little embarrassed to admit I have a love for Taco Bell’s Nachos Supreme. It was one of my go-to choices for lunch in high school and my early 20s. It was the perfect ratio of chips to beef to cheese and this copycat version is so much better than the original. This Sheet Pan Nachos Supreme recipe is loaded with melted shredded cheese, seasoned ground beef, refried beans, and all your favorite nacho toppings. Ready in under 25 minutes, they are perfect for game day or movie night.
Key Ingredients and Substitutions
Sheet pan nachos are easy to customize and make the way you like. Besides some good sturdy chips and cheese, you can add any of your favorite toppings.
The complete ingredient list and measurements are listed in the printable recipe below.
- These nachos are loaded with three layers of toppings so you want sturdy, thick tortilla chips that won’t break or get soggy.
- Ground beef should be 85%-90% lean to avoid an excessive amount of oil. You can substitute the beef with ground turkey, shredded chicken, chorizo, or chopped or pulled pork.
- Any type of melty shredded cheese will work. We used freshly grated cheddar cheese but you could use Monterey jack, mozzarella, or pepper jack. We do suggest shredding your own since store-bought shredded cheese contains additives such as potato starch to keep the cheese from clumping. This can prevent the cheese from completely melting.
- Homemade taco seasoning (or chili mix) is easy to make at home with a couple of standard pantry spices but you can use your favorite package of taco seasoning.
- Refried beans can be any type -vegetarian, low-fat, black bean, or spicy.
Best Toppings for Nachos
Our go-to toppings for sheet pan nachos are diced tomatoes and green onions, sour cream, avocado or guacamole, and cilantro. They are some of the classic toppings for nachos and we usually have them on hand. But, there are many other toppings that you could add so get creative!
- Red Onions
- Pico de Gallo
- Grilled Avocado Guacamole
- Creamy Avocado Ranch
- Creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing
How to Make Sheet Pan Nachos Supreme
Here are the quick step-by-step instructions with visuals; you can find the full instructions with the exact ingredients in the recipe card below.
Pro-tip: The key to making perfect sheet pan nachos is evenly layering the ingredients so that you get a little bit of everything on each chip.
1. Chili Mix: In a small bowl combine garlic powder, ground cumin, granulated onion, chili powder, and smoked paprika. Set it aside while you brown the ground beef.
2. Brown the Ground Beef: Preheat oven to 400°F. In a large skillet over medium heat add the ground beef. With a wooden spoon break apart beef and brown until almost completely cooked (about 5-6 minutes). Drain any excess oil and add the chili mix, stirring into the ground beef until well combined.
3. Assemble the Sheet Pan Nachos: Place one-third of the tortilla chips in a single layer onto the baking sheet. Top with one-third of the ground beef, refried beans, and shredded cheese. Repeat with the second layer of tortilla chips topped with ground beef, refried beans, and shredded cheese. Finally, add the remaining tortilla chips, ground beef, refried beans, and shredded cheese. Bake in the oven for 4-6 minutes, until the cheese has just melted.
4. Serve: Top with sour cream, sliced avocados or guacamole, and diced tomatoes and green onions. Serve immediately.
Recipe Tips and Notes
- For easy clean-up line the baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Layer the chips, cheese, beef, and refried beans. Additional toppings will go on after the nachos are cooked and out of the oven.
Frequently Asked Questions
These nachos are best eaten immediately but if you do have leftovers, they can be reheated on a baking sheet at 400°F for 5 to 6 minutes.
The best cheese is one that melts well, such as cheddar, Monterey jack, Mozzarella, queso Oaxaca, or homemade nacho cheese sauce. The key is to shred it yourself since store-bought shredded cheese contains additives to prevent it from clumping which also means it won’t be as melty.
Let’s Connect! If you make our Sheet Pan Nachos Supreme or any other recipe on Casual Epicure, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave a comment below. It helps others who are considering making our recipes and we love hearing about your cooking experiences. And if you snapped some shots, share them on Instagram, and be sure to tag @casual.epicure so we can feature them in our stories.
Other Recipes to Try
If you enjoy this sheet pan nachos recipe, we recommend checking out some of these other game day favorites:
- Game Day Chili
- Nashville Hot Honey Chicken Slider Sandwiches
- Jamaican Jerk Spiced Chicken Wings
- Build Your Own Nacho Bar – 20 Toppings Every Nacho Bar Needs
- Chili Cheese Nachos
Sheet Pan Nachos Supreme
- 1 Small Bowl
- 1 Large Skillet
- 1 Cookie or Baking Sheet
- ½ tablespoon garlic powder
- ½ tablespoon ground cumin
- ½ tablespoon granulated onion
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ½ tablespoon smoked paprika
Sheet Pan Nacho Supreme
- 2-3 tablespoon chili mix
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8-10 ounces tortilla chips
- 16 ounce can refried beans
- 5 ounces shredded cheese
- 1 small tomato, diced
- avocado, sliced
- sour cream
- green onion, diced
- In a small bowl combine garlic powder, ground cumin, granulated onion, chili powder, and smoked paprika. Set aside.
Sheet Pan Nacho Supreme
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large skillet over medium heat add ground beef. With a wooden spoon break apart beef and brown until almost completely cooked (about 5-6 minutes).
- Drain off any excess oil and add the chili mix stirring into the ground beef until well combined.
- Place one-third of the tortilla chips in a single layer onto the baking sheet. Top with one-third of the ground beef, refried beans, and shredded cheese.
- Add a second layer of tortilla chips topped with ground beef, refried beans, and shredded cheese. Repeat with a third layer.
- Bake in the oven for 4-6 minutes, until the cheese has just melted.
- Top with diced tomatoes, sour cream, sliced avocados or guacamole, and diced green onions. Serve immediately.